- For optimum results feed daily as often as possible the amount your fish will consume within 2 to 3 minutes. Care should be taken to avoid feeding larger quantities of food less often as it can cause a lack of nutrition. For best results feed up to four times daily an amount of food which can be consumed within a minute.
- For mid-water and bottom feeders Soak in a cup of aquarium water before feeding. This will cause the food to sink more rapidly providing these fry ready access to the nutrition.
- For Live-Bearers They can consume Hikari First Bites right after birth.
- For Egg-Layers (oviparous) They utilize their yolk sack for nutrition right after birth. Start feeding Hikari First Bites right before their yolk sack is fully consumed.
- We recommend Hikari Tropical First Bites as a daily diet for All types of newborn fish in both fresh and saltwater environments.